Mission Public Schools is honoured to announce the first ever Family Mental Health & Wellness Forum on January 28th, 2021 at 7pm. The event is being offered in partnership with the District Parent Advisory Council (DPAC) and FamilySmart. The forum is open to all employees, families, students and members of the community.
Presentations will be provided by:
- Dan Thiessen who will discuss Emotion Coaching;
- Beth-Anne Cullen, Brenna Pennell and Cheryl Wallace who will discuss Emotional Regulation and Calming Spaces; and
- Monica Thimer of FamilySmart who will discuss resources and peer support (provided by the FamilySmart organization).
- There will be an opportunity for a Question and Answer period with all presenters.
- We will also provide a Community Resource Guide to help families with accessing various agencies and resources in the community.
Registration: https://ca01web.zoom.us/meeting/register/u5MqfumhqTgsGNYwDhsjiurShOEAmwO78T27. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with details about joining the meeting.